This course is designed for everyone who wants to learn new useful codes that can simply be applied to the existing WordPress sites. You can save loads of time by simply copying and pasting the code snippets onto your WordPress theme’s functions or Child theme.
Please note the lesson is not limited just to these codes, as I write new codes or find new ones I will add them gradually on to the lesson so that you will get the opportunity to grasp more for your lifetime. Working as a freelancer, I get many requests from the clients – thus this gave me opportunities to make a huge collection of PRACTICAL codes.
Course brief :
We will learn from the basic – i.e. creating a CHILD THEME ( I will provide the downloadable link) to installing the Enfold theme and importing the demo for the website. The course highlights include :
- Backing up the website: As you, all know how important it is to back up the website; thus you will learn to back up WordPress just by using WordPress credentials (no need for FTP or Cpanel), additionally, you will also be able to access, update or edit any WordPress files
- Website Security: Wouldn’t it be nice to restrict all the IP address to access the Wp-admin page except yours? or if you’d like to auto-login to WordPress Dashboard based on your IP, no need to add a password to log in every time? or How about blocking or allowing some IPs to view specific page(s)? Yes, you will learn all this and without using a plugin.
- Cleaning up the Dashboard: Have you guys ever encountered an annoying user who just plays around with theme functions, plugins, and messes up the whole website? You also cannot restrict by giving other roles than administrative since that user owns the site?. Well in such a situation, I normally hide what the other user doesn’t need to see..ethically hiding items of the dashboard i.e. hiding items from the top admin bar or side admin bar and even crucial plugins or my own custom plugins. You will learn to do this via codes (no plugins required). Enfold users can hide theme options from the top admin bar and side admin bar (for administrator users too).
- Disable copying image or text or adding Read more link: Though it’s possibly virtually impossible to totally restrict users’ to copy text or images – we can still apply a code of security to block it to do so, especially to the noob users – who are many. Additionally, you will also learn to add READ MORE and your website link, if someone copies the text from your website.
- Automatic updates: Since I manage almost 15 + websites, its very time consuming for me to check each website and update plugins and themes. Thus, I use a simple code to make automatic updates. I also have a plugin option for you. Additionally, for your custom plugins or specific plugins, you can remove the update notification and disable updates
- GTmetrix Score: while I am not covering all the aspects for the GTmetrix score, we will look into two things – Add Expires headers & Cache. For Expires headers – no plugins required just modifying the .htaccess file is enough. And for Cache – we will use and configure the best one as suggested by GTmetrix (also inside tips for Cloudflare users).
- Create your own custom plugins: This plugin can be created by anyone but please note this is only for applying the codes that you would instead apply on functions dot PHP. You will then not have to mess with the theme files; this is however optional – choose as you like.
- Regain access to the websites: As a Human being, there might be loads of possibilities for errors while copying from here and there. But you won’t have to worry much as you will be able to get back to your website despite a critical error or internal server error – these errors arise if there are wrong codes on functions, dot PHP, or .htaccess file.
The tutorial will be short and to the point, and no lengthy explanations at all. I hope this will be a valuable lesson for you. Please feel free to get back to me for any confusion.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediates & Freelancers basically everyone willing to learn something new and save time coding
- A domain name, hosting (Cpanel) and a WordPress website
- Knowledge of functions-php & .htaccess is recommended but not mandatory
Last Updated 5/2020
Source : https://www.udemy.com/course/useful-codes-plugins-for-wordpress-websites/