Learn Professional C# Coding! 27 Hours of Content, 7 Hands-On Projects, 2 Unity 3D Games, 16 Coding Exercises, and more!
What you’ll learn
- A computer with Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Eagerness and willingness to learn C# programming and build some awesome projects
- Note: All software and programs for this course are FREE (GitHub and Mixamo require email to sign up)
The goal of this course is to take a student with little or no experience programming in C# and to make them a complete master of the language.
Whether you want to:
- Build the skills you need to land your first C# programming job
- Move to a more senior software developer position
- Ace a coding interview at a top tier tech company like Google, Apple, Facebook, or Microsoft
- Take the Microsoft Certification Exam 70-483 that tests your C# knowledge
- Build professional quality video games in the Unity game engine
- Or just learn C# to be able to build professional quality apps
…this complete C# tutorial is the course you need to do all of this, and more.
Why should you learn C#?
- C# is an in-demand skill, and one of the most popular programming languages in the world.
- It is powerful, flexible, and well supported and is used in a wide variety of industries including Investment Banking, Mobile App Development, Web Development, and Game Development.
- This course will teach you not only C#, but the key computer science concepts like Data Structures and Algorithms, Searching and Sorting, and Gang of Four Design Patterns. This course will help you ace interviews and get a job.
How is the course structured?
The course goes in order building up from basic to intermediate and then to advanced.
Most sections of the course have a quiz at the end, then a video explaining the answers to the quiz questions, and have several interview questions with detailed answers that relate to that section. That means as you learn the material you will be mastering crucial interview questions based on the subject matter you are learning.
At the end of the course there are 7 real world project where you build apps and a video game using C# and absorbing all kinds of knowledge about industry software and key programming techniques.
There is also a section in the course with a beginner, intermediate, and advanced C# quiz, a full length practice test on C#, and several videos where I show you how to solve a bunch of potential interview questions and coding problems using C# and the techniques you learned in the course.
What topics are taught in this course?
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
- Setup and Install Visual Studio on your Computer
- Getting Started with C#
- Data Types
- Working with DateTime data in C#
- Control Flow Statements and Loops
- User Input and Files
- Interfaces and Abstract Classes
- Data Structures and Collections
- Advanced C# Coding
- REGEX – Regular Expressions
- C# Namespaces
- Documenting Your Code
- Searching and Sorting
- Object Oriented Programming
- C# Generics
- .NET Framework
- Bitwise Operations in C#
- Threading in C#
- LINQ – Language Integrated Query
- Version Control – GitHub and SourceTree
- C# Debugging, Exception Handling, and Unit Tests
- Reflection in C#
- Refactoring C# Code
- Types of Algorithms
- Implementing Algorithms in C#
- Optimizing Code
- Design Patterns
- C# 8.0 New Features
- How to Write Good Code
- Landing a Programming Job
- C# Programming Practice Videos, Quizzes, and Tests
- Intro to C# Hands-On Projects: Build Real World Apps!
- Hands-On: Building a Database Application using Microsoft SQL Server and C#
- Hands-On: Building a Web App using ASP .Net and C#
- Hands-On: Building a Mobile App using Xamarin C# (Windows and Mac only)
- Hands-On: Building an Artificial Intelligence / Neural Network using C#
- Hands-On: Building a Machine Learning app using ML .Net and C#
- Hands-On: Building a 3D FPS (First Person Shooter) Video Game using Unity and C#
- Hands-On: Building a 3D Marvel Fighting Game using C#
- Coding Challenges: Project Euler
How is this course different than the other C# courses on Udemy?
This course is a through, comprehensive tutorial on the C# programming language.
Some courses teach you the theory, others teach through hands-on projects. This course combines both approaches.
In addition to teaching beginner, intermediate, and advanced C#, this course also breaks down all the Gang of Four design patterns, teaches searching and sorting techniques, and data structures and algorithms.
This course has more practice material than the other courses, with a quiz after most sections to test your knowledge, links to free online learning resources, and videos that walk you through solving coding interview and challenge questions using the C# techniques you have learned.
This is the only C# course you will ever need.
I made this course to be the only C# course you will ever need. A course that you can come back to and master the advanced techniques, and a course that you can pick-and-choose what to learn based on your goals and interests.
There is no filler material and no nonsense in this course. If I added a video or resource to this course, it is because I believe it to be important to your journey as a programmer. To truly reap the benefits of C#, and become a master of the C# programming language, you should strive to complete as much of the course as you can.
Are there real-world projects in this course where you can apply the skills you learn hands-on?
There are! In fact, you will build 7 hands-on apps in this course! You will use your C# skills to develop:
- A database application using Microsoft SQL Server and C#
- A Web App using ASP .Net
- A cross-platform Mobile App using Xamarin
- A neural network AI program using C#
- A machine learning program using ML .Net and C#
- A 3D Zombie Shooter video game using Unity and C#
- A 3D Marvel Fighting game using Unity, Mixamo, and C#
I will walk you through building each of these projects step by step, so don’t worry about getting overwhelmed or stuck! My students know I break down the big concepts into digestible pieces of information that anyone can understand.
Who is your instructor?
My name is Rob Gioia and I current work as a Mobile Software Engineer in New York City. C# is my favorite programming language, and every industry job that I have held has used C# as the primary programming language.
During my time working with C# both in the professional and personal capacity, I’ve used C# to:
- Teach students how to program when I worked as a teacher’s assistant at the New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Build virtual reality games to therapy children with convergence insufficiency, an eye disorder, and gamify their treatment.
- Build a lifestyle Scratch to Win mobile app with over 10 million installs (there was some Java programming involved in this one as well 🙂 )
- Develop card trader apps based around high end Intellectual Property like Marvel, Disney, and Star Wars.
- Create Udemy courses that students have used to build full length video games using Unity and C#.
I also took part in the Google Interview process during October 2018 and used C# during the phone interview. I continued on in the interview process but obtained another high paying job in the process, an opportunity to work on a Marvel Collect app among other top intellectual property mobile apps.
My background has been gaming focused, but I want to emphasize that this is NOT A GAME DEVELOPMENT or UNITY COURSE! C# can be used in so many other capacities, and this course is meant to make you a master of C#, and then teach you how to build all kinds of projects using this powerful programming language.
What if you have questions?
Any questions you have can be posted to the Q&A forum or messaged to me on Udemy. I check my Udemy account every day to see if students have questions, and do my best to be as responsive and helpful as possible.
If you get stuck at any point during this course, send me a message and I will get you unstuck!
There is no risk in taking this course!
This course comes with a full 30 day money-back guarantee. You either end up with C# skills, go on to develop great programs and potentially make an awesome career for yourself, or you try the course and simply get all your money back if you don’t like it…
You literally can’t lose.
Are you ready to master the C# programming language and build an awesome set of software engineering skills? Then enroll now using the “Add to Cart” button on the right!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that wants to master the C# programming language, one of the most popular programming languages in the world.
- This course is perfect for absolute beginners with no previous coding experience, to intermediates looking to sharpen their skills to the expert level.
- Professional C# developers that want to deepen their skills to advance to a higher, more senior position at their company.
- Those looking to build creative and advanced C# apps for either personal use or for high-paying clients as a self-employed contractor.
- Anyone that wants to be able to ace coding interviews at top-tech companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, and Microsoft.
- Students that want to build professional quality video games using C# and the Unity game engine