PS: Please READ all the points before proceeding
- Please do NOT join the course if you are NOT comfortable with coding
- Focus of the course is Composer based application development. Course will NOT teach you how to use ALL the various utilities/tools for hypereldger infrastructure component setup.
- Course is NOT for Operators or Infrastructure engineers *but* you are welcome to try as it would help you in building a strong foundational knowledge.
- You MUST have a basic understanding of Blockchain technology. Do take a preview before joining.
- You MUST be comfortable in installing software & tools on your machine. Course requires many tools to be installed.
- Please read the Pre-Requisites before signing up
- Try out the lectures in preview – if you have difficulty understanding the lectures/accent….I request you NOT to join
If you are still with me lets continue
Demand for Blockchain technologists is going up as multiple enterprises (& startups) are looking to achieve efficiency or/and create new business models enabled by the Blockchain technologies. Bitcoin & Ethereum have proven to the world that Blockchain technologies can change the way we do business. The challenge with these technologies is that they were both built ground up for public domain applications and are not always suitable for building an enterprise grade application. Hyperldger project, a Linux foundation initiative is driven by the industry leaders to build Blockchain technology(s) that would provide a platform for creating Enterprise Blockchain Applications.
Business | Enterprise Blockchain Applications
The obvious question you may have at this point is, what do I mean by “Enterprise Blockchain Applications“. The idea is that Blockchain technology for Business (or enterprise) would need to have certain characteristics that do not necessarily apply to the public domain Blockchain technology such as Ethereum. Characteristics that are desired
- Network support | operation
- Smart contract management
- Control on how transactions are validated
- Trust management
- Scaling, Performance, Throughput
Hyperledger Fabric | Composer Framework
Hyperledger Fabric is a “Distributed Ledger Technology” a.k.a. Blockchain technology that has been built ground up with the needs of the “Business Blockchain Applications” in mind. Composer is a development framework that accelerates the development of Business Blockchain applications of Fabric platform.
This course will teach you how to develop Fabtric Blockchain Application using Composer.
This course takes the approach of “Learn by doing”. Students are encouraged to try out all aspects of the technologies on their own after each lecture. Almost all of the concepts discussed in the lectures are shown in action by way code samples etc. The demo code used in the lectures is available for download from GitHub so that students can change the code to try out new things.
Multiple quizzes in each section will validate student’s knowledge. Coding exercises will help them understand the concepts better & gain confidence.
#1 Build a foundation – covers Blockchain concepts + Hyperledger project-fabric-composer
#2 Introduction to Hyperledger Fabric & Composer Technology
#3 Setting up the development tools – (Docker, NodeJS, Fabric, Composer tools …)
#4 Fabric under the hood – student will learn how the Fabric technology works
#5 Learn to use the Composer tools (Modeling, Yo generators, REST Server, CLI, Playground …)
#6 ACME Airline Blockchain Application : We will develop a Network application for this fictitious Airline
- Business network modelling
- Smart contracts development
- Participant management
#7 Composer SDK/API
#8 Transaction flow in Fabric – unravel some of the mysteries
How can this course help you?
Many enterprises today are embarking on building Blockhain applications for their business domain. At this time the focus is on trying out the technologies by way of Proof of Concepts | Pilots. This course can put you on track to build the pilots/PoC in a very short period of time (~3 weeks)
Information of Hyperledger frabric (& Composer) is available online and freely…..so why take this course?
- There are known challenges : The author of this course have gone through the development cycle many times and have taken care of describing the known challenges (& pitfalls) and solutions so, students won’t struggle….& spend time on learning rather than searching for solutions on google
- Learning curve is steep : Although information is available it would take new students considerable amount of time to digest & understand. The course has been designed to accelerate the learning process without overwhelming the students with too many details.
- Coding guides | experience is limited : For every topic discussed in the course, there is a sample code. Seeing things in action and trying out the code will accelerate the learning
- Time to market : Taking this course will prepare the student for the challenge – delivery of a working Fabric PoC/Pilot in 3 weeks is the goal [Assuming student spends 2 Hour/Day]
Who is the target audience?
- Technologist seeking to expand their knowledge into Blockchain
- Architects looking to leverage Distributed Ledger Technology for addressing Business Problems | Opportunities
- Developers interested in learning Blockchain application development
- Developers willing to learn Blockchain by doing, that is by coding
- Experimenters curious to learn how Blockchain technology can change the way we do business
- Entrepreneurs with technology background interested in realizing their business idea on the Blockchain
Created by Rajeev Sakhuja
Last updated 6/2018
Size: 1.27 GB